Feb 25, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Montreal sophomore Alex Galchenyuk will play for the first time since Jan. 6 when the Habs face the Red Wings on Wednesday.
Galchenyuk, the third overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, broke his hand against Florida on the 6th and has missed the last 15 games as a result. The injury derailed what was a solid second campaign in Montreal — Galchenyuk had 10 goals and 23 points in 44 games prior to getting hurt, averaging close to 15 minutes per game.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63