Feb 25, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Montreal sophomore Alex Galchenyuk will play for the first time since Jan. 6 when the Habs face the Red Wings on Wednesday.
Galchenyuk, the third overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, broke his hand against Florida on the 6th and has missed the last 15 games as a result. The injury derailed what was a solid second campaign in Montreal — Galchenyuk had 10 goals and 23 points in 44 games prior to getting hurt, averaging close to 15 minutes per game.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5