Feb 25, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Montreal sophomore Alex Galchenyuk will play for the first time since Jan. 6 when the Habs face the Red Wings on Wednesday.
Galchenyuk, the third overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, broke his hand against Florida on the 6th and has missed the last 15 games as a result. The injury derailed what was a solid second campaign in Montreal — Galchenyuk had 10 goals and 23 points in 44 games prior to getting hurt, averaging close to 15 minutes per game.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 4
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12