Feb 25, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Montreal sophomore Alex Galchenyuk will play for the first time since Jan. 6 when the Habs face the Red Wings on Wednesday.
Galchenyuk, the third overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, broke his hand against Florida on the 6th and has missed the last 15 games as a result. The injury derailed what was a solid second campaign in Montreal — Galchenyuk had 10 goals and 23 points in 44 games prior to getting hurt, averaging close to 15 minutes per game.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8