Feb 25, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Montreal sophomore Alex Galchenyuk will play for the first time since Jan. 6 when the Habs face the Red Wings on Wednesday.
Galchenyuk, the third overall pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, broke his hand against Florida on the 6th and has missed the last 15 games as a result. The injury derailed what was a solid second campaign in Montreal — Galchenyuk had 10 goals and 23 points in 44 games prior to getting hurt, averaging close to 15 minutes per game.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 20
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6