Feb 24, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Wednesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Wednesday at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
FYI: The NHL roster freeze was lifted at 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday night. Gird your loins for the season of rumors like this one yesterday.
Flyers prospect Scott Laughton is having a monster year in junior hockey and had another hat trick last night. (Buzzing The Net)
We know you’re already thinking ahead to what Olympic rosters could look like in 2018, right? How about this look at what Team Canada might bring to Pyeongchang. (Toronto Sun)
Curious note: The New Jersey Devils moved goalie Maxime Clermont from their ECHL team to the AHL. The Albany Devils already have two healthy goalies and don’t play again until the weekend. Unless there’s an injury that’s unknown, all eyes belong on Martin Brodeur. (Albany Times Union)
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)