Feb 24, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Wednesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Wednesday at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
FYI: The NHL roster freeze was lifted at 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday night. Gird your loins for the season of rumors like this one yesterday.
Flyers prospect Scott Laughton is having a monster year in junior hockey and had another hat trick last night. (Buzzing The Net)
We know you’re already thinking ahead to what Olympic rosters could look like in 2018, right? How about this look at what Team Canada might bring to Pyeongchang. (Toronto Sun)
Curious note: The New Jersey Devils moved goalie Maxime Clermont from their ECHL team to the AHL. The Albany Devils already have two healthy goalies and don’t play again until the weekend. Unless there’s an injury that’s unknown, all eyes belong on Martin Brodeur. (Albany Times Union)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5