Feb 24, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Johan Franzen couldn’t play for Sweden in the 2014 Winter Games because of a concussion that’s plagued him since mid-December, but he was able to join the rest of the Red Wings’ non-Olympians last week.
He had already been feeling good for weeks before Detroit resumed its practices, but cautioned on Dec. 19 that his symptoms tend to manifest when he subjects himself to game-like situations. However, after as we draw closer to the Red Wings’ first game back on Wednesday, it looks increasingly likely that Franzen will be in the lineup.
“It’s been pretty good,” Franzen told the Detroit News. “I am optimistic (about returning Wednesday).”
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11