Feb 24, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Johan Franzen couldn’t play for Sweden in the 2014 Winter Games because of a concussion that’s plagued him since mid-December, but he was able to join the rest of the Red Wings’ non-Olympians last week.
He had already been feeling good for weeks before Detroit resumed its practices, but cautioned on Dec. 19 that his symptoms tend to manifest when he subjects himself to game-like situations. However, after as we draw closer to the Red Wings’ first game back on Wednesday, it looks increasingly likely that Franzen will be in the lineup.
“It’s been pretty good,” Franzen told the Detroit News. “I am optimistic (about returning Wednesday).”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38