Feb 24, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
If everything goes as planned, Logan Couture will be in the San Jose Sharks’ lineup when their schedule resumes on Thursday.
“I’m ready to go in three or four days, whatever it is,” Couture said, according to CSN Bay Area.
The 24-year-old forward sustained a right hand injury on Dec. 19, but he wasn’t shut down until after the Sharks’ contest on Jan. 5 when it was decided that he would undergo surgery. Around the same time, he also found out that he didn’t make the cut for Canada’s Olympic team.
Couture was diplomatic after being snubbed, noting that “it’s an impossible team to pick” due to the overwhelming number of worthy candidates. He reiterated that point after the Canadians won the gold medal.
Now that his hand “feels good as its felt in three months,” he can shift his attention to other matters, like trying to win the Stanley Cup.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8