Feb 24, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
If everything goes as planned, Logan Couture will be in the San Jose Sharks’ lineup when their schedule resumes on Thursday.
“I’m ready to go in three or four days, whatever it is,” Couture said, according to CSN Bay Area.
The 24-year-old forward sustained a right hand injury on Dec. 19, but he wasn’t shut down until after the Sharks’ contest on Jan. 5 when it was decided that he would undergo surgery. Around the same time, he also found out that he didn’t make the cut for Canada’s Olympic team.
Couture was diplomatic after being snubbed, noting that “it’s an impossible team to pick” due to the overwhelming number of worthy candidates. He reiterated that point after the Canadians won the gold medal.
Now that his hand “feels good as its felt in three months,” he can shift his attention to other matters, like trying to win the Stanley Cup.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)