Feb 24, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
If everything goes as planned, Logan Couture will be in the San Jose Sharks’ lineup when their schedule resumes on Thursday.
“I’m ready to go in three or four days, whatever it is,” Couture said, according to CSN Bay Area.
The 24-year-old forward sustained a right hand injury on Dec. 19, but he wasn’t shut down until after the Sharks’ contest on Jan. 5 when it was decided that he would undergo surgery. Around the same time, he also found out that he didn’t make the cut for Canada’s Olympic team.
Couture was diplomatic after being snubbed, noting that “it’s an impossible team to pick” due to the overwhelming number of worthy candidates. He reiterated that point after the Canadians won the gold medal.
Now that his hand “feels good as its felt in three months,” he can shift his attention to other matters, like trying to win the Stanley Cup.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 49
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 50
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)