Feb 24, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
If everything goes as planned, Logan Couture will be in the San Jose Sharks’ lineup when their schedule resumes on Thursday.
“I’m ready to go in three or four days, whatever it is,” Couture said, according to CSN Bay Area.
The 24-year-old forward sustained a right hand injury on Dec. 19, but he wasn’t shut down until after the Sharks’ contest on Jan. 5 when it was decided that he would undergo surgery. Around the same time, he also found out that he didn’t make the cut for Canada’s Olympic team.
Couture was diplomatic after being snubbed, noting that “it’s an impossible team to pick” due to the overwhelming number of worthy candidates. He reiterated that point after the Canadians won the gold medal.
Now that his hand “feels good as its felt in three months,” he can shift his attention to other matters, like trying to win the Stanley Cup.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)