Feb 23, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Steve Yzerman might have stepped down as executive director of Team Canada after leading the nation to its second straight gold medal, but he’s still got plenty of work ahead of him with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Kostka had two goals and three points in nine games with Chicago in 2013-14. He averaged 14:26 minutes of ice time, but was used heavily with the man advantage when he did play.
At the AHL level, Kostka has developed into a top-tier offensive defenseman, but the 28-year-old has just 44 games worth of NHL experience.
He is signed to a one-year, two-way contract and is owed $325,000 annually even at the minor league level.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8