Feb 23, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Steve Yzerman might have stepped down as executive director of Team Canada after leading the nation to its second straight gold medal, but he’s still got plenty of work ahead of him with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Kostka had two goals and three points in nine games with Chicago in 2013-14. He averaged 14:26 minutes of ice time, but was used heavily with the man advantage when he did play.
At the AHL level, Kostka has developed into a top-tier offensive defenseman, but the 28-year-old has just 44 games worth of NHL experience.
He is signed to a one-year, two-way contract and is owed $325,000 annually even at the minor league level.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)