Feb 23, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Steve Yzerman might have stepped down as executive director of Team Canada after leading the nation to its second straight gold medal, but he’s still got plenty of work ahead of him with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Kostka had two goals and three points in nine games with Chicago in 2013-14. He averaged 14:26 minutes of ice time, but was used heavily with the man advantage when he did play.
At the AHL level, Kostka has developed into a top-tier offensive defenseman, but the 28-year-old has just 44 games worth of NHL experience.
He is signed to a one-year, two-way contract and is owed $325,000 annually even at the minor league level.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 0
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1