Feb 23, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
But he’s hoping to return to the Vancouver Canucks lineup Wednesday against the St. Louis Blues. The Canucks will come out of the Olympic break on a sour seven-game losing streak.
Henrik, the Canucks’ captain, missed eight of the last 10 games due to his injury, and, because he did not make the trek to Russia to join his twin brother, Daniel, could benefit greatly from the recent time off.
“Right now it feels like it’s a possibility, for sure,” Henrik said Friday of possibly returning to game action Wednesday. “We’ll take it day by day. Like I said, I felt good today with my shooting, skating and some contact, so it was very positive.
“It was a tough decision, like I said, but it would have felt awful toward my teammates and myself and Team Sweden to go over there and not be at 100 percent.”
Canucks head coach John Tortorella has gone on record as saying he would like to Sweden win. Part of that motivation comes from wanting Daniel Sedin and Edler to have big games before coming back to Vancouver with – the coach hopes – more confidence.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (43)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)