Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
However, head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t seem overly concerned about that right now, with the Rangers not scheduled to play until next Thursday against the Chicago Blackhawks.
“Usually, that’s a couple of days thing,” Vigneault said, as per NorthJersey.com. “I can’t see anything major coming out of that.”
The 27-year-old Staal has appeared in 49 games this season, with three goals and 11 points on the Rangers’ blue line. He did miss 10 games earlier on due to a concussion.
Up front, the Rangers are dealing with a couple of injuries to forwards Mats Zuccarello and Derek Dorsett, who is currently on the injured reserve list after he suffered a broken left fibula at the beginning of January.
Zuccarello, the Rangers’ leader in points with 43 in 58 games, has a non-displaced fracture in his hand, which happened while playing for Norway at the Olympics. At last update, he’ll miss three to four weeks as a result of his injury.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)