Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
However, head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t seem overly concerned about that right now, with the Rangers not scheduled to play until next Thursday against the Chicago Blackhawks.
“Usually, that’s a couple of days thing,” Vigneault said, as per NorthJersey.com. “I can’t see anything major coming out of that.”
The 27-year-old Staal has appeared in 49 games this season, with three goals and 11 points on the Rangers’ blue line. He did miss 10 games earlier on due to a concussion.
Up front, the Rangers are dealing with a couple of injuries to forwards Mats Zuccarello and Derek Dorsett, who is currently on the injured reserve list after he suffered a broken left fibula at the beginning of January.
Zuccarello, the Rangers’ leader in points with 43 in 58 games, has a non-displaced fracture in his hand, which happened while playing for Norway at the Olympics. At last update, he’ll miss three to four weeks as a result of his injury.
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 0
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 27
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)