Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
However, head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t seem overly concerned about that right now, with the Rangers not scheduled to play until next Thursday against the Chicago Blackhawks.
“Usually, that’s a couple of days thing,” Vigneault said, as per NorthJersey.com. “I can’t see anything major coming out of that.”
The 27-year-old Staal has appeared in 49 games this season, with three goals and 11 points on the Rangers’ blue line. He did miss 10 games earlier on due to a concussion.
Up front, the Rangers are dealing with a couple of injuries to forwards Mats Zuccarello and Derek Dorsett, who is currently on the injured reserve list after he suffered a broken left fibula at the beginning of January.
Zuccarello, the Rangers’ leader in points with 43 in 58 games, has a non-displaced fracture in his hand, which happened while playing for Norway at the Olympics. At last update, he’ll miss three to four weeks as a result of his injury.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)