Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
However, head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t seem overly concerned about that right now, with the Rangers not scheduled to play until next Thursday against the Chicago Blackhawks.
“Usually, that’s a couple of days thing,” Vigneault said, as per NorthJersey.com. “I can’t see anything major coming out of that.”
The 27-year-old Staal has appeared in 49 games this season, with three goals and 11 points on the Rangers’ blue line. He did miss 10 games earlier on due to a concussion.
Up front, the Rangers are dealing with a couple of injuries to forwards Mats Zuccarello and Derek Dorsett, who is currently on the injured reserve list after he suffered a broken left fibula at the beginning of January.
Zuccarello, the Rangers’ leader in points with 43 in 58 games, has a non-displaced fracture in his hand, which happened while playing for Norway at the Olympics. At last update, he’ll miss three to four weeks as a result of his injury.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 18
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 6
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)