Feb 22, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks forward Raffi Torres is just about set to return to action.
The rugged forward has been out for five months after tearing the ACL in his left knee in an exhibition game. As David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News shares, he’s about a week away from playing and can’t wait to get out there.
“I didn’t think I’d be able to get back this fast because my last time it took over a year to feel really good,” Torres said Thursday, crediting San Jose’s medical and training staff. “We’re only at five months and I feel great.”
Torres would plug in right away in the Sharks’ bottom six forwards and provide them with a physical and irritating player for opponents to deal with.
Last season, Torres had 18 points in 39 games with the Sharks and Phoenix Coyotes and only 17 penalty minutes. After years of controversial hits in Vancouver and Phoenix, Torres appeared to be turning his game around in the right direction with the Sharks.
San Jose will be hoping the energetic style of play will be back with him when he gets back on the ice for good.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)