Feb 22, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
Jonathan Quick wasn’t buying into the notion it was difficult for the U.S. to play today’s bronze medal game after a tough semifinal loss to Canada.
“It shouldn’t be too hard,” he said, per PHT’s Jason Brough. “We do that all year long. We’re professionals. We play back-to-backs all year long.
“There’s no reason we show up and not piss a drop.”
Quick, brilliant against the Canadians on Friday in stopping 36 of 37 shots, was hung out to dry on a number of occasions against the Finns. Two goals in the third period came on the power play and the Americans failed to give their goalie any run support over the final two games of the tournament, going scoreless after racking up 20 goals in their first four contests.
Needless to say, Quick wasn’t happy — though he made it clear he wasn’t happy with his own effort, either.
“My job is to stop the puck, and I didn’t do that very well,” he said. “Team effort. We weren’t good.”
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)