Feb 22, 2014, 8:02 AM EDT
Finland was dealt a blow prior to its semifinals contest against Sweden when it was revealed that Tuukka Rask wouldn’t be available due to the flu. The team will get Rask back for the bronze medal game against the United States though, according to Finland’s MTV3, via CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
Lehtonen has very little big game experience and Finland will need all the help it can get today. The Americans feature a superb offense that will be hungry after they were frustrated and shutout by Canada in their semifinals game.
At the same time, Finland is likely to employ the same defensive strategies that beat the United States yesterday, given that Canada was emulating teams like Finland in the first place.
The game is scheduled to start at 10 a.m. ET. You can watch it on NBCSN or online.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40