Feb 22, 2014, 8:02 AM EDT
Finland was dealt a blow prior to its semifinals contest against Sweden when it was revealed that Tuukka Rask wouldn’t be available due to the flu. The team will get Rask back for the bronze medal game against the United States though, according to Finland’s MTV3, via CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
Lehtonen has very little big game experience and Finland will need all the help it can get today. The Americans feature a superb offense that will be hungry after they were frustrated and shutout by Canada in their semifinals game.
At the same time, Finland is likely to employ the same defensive strategies that beat the United States yesterday, given that Canada was emulating teams like Finland in the first place.
The game is scheduled to start at 10 a.m. ET. You can watch it on NBCSN or online.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)