Feb 22, 2014, 8:02 AM EDT
Finland was dealt a blow prior to its semifinals contest against Sweden when it was revealed that Tuukka Rask wouldn’t be available due to the flu. The team will get Rask back for the bronze medal game against the United States though, according to Finland’s MTV3, via CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
Lehtonen has very little big game experience and Finland will need all the help it can get today. The Americans feature a superb offense that will be hungry after they were frustrated and shutout by Canada in their semifinals game.
At the same time, Finland is likely to employ the same defensive strategies that beat the United States yesterday, given that Canada was emulating teams like Finland in the first place.
The game is scheduled to start at 10 a.m. ET. You can watch it on NBCSN or online.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)