Feb 22, 2014, 3:51 PM EDT
Those two will face each other on Sunday in the gold medal game between Canada and Sweden (7 a.m. ET on NBC). As Duchene tells Mark Kiszla of The Denver Post, they’re enemies until the game is over.
“We’ve talked a few times during the Olympics,” Duchene said. “I’ve seen him at the cafe. And we chatted. But I’m not talking to him now until after the gold medal game. He has rubbed the fact Sweden won the world championship last year in my face. And I’d like to give that back to him. Absolutely.”
Duchene hasn’t gotten quite as much ice time as Landeskog has for Sweden, but he was more of a factor against the United States winning faceoffs in Canada’s 1-0 victory in the semifinals.
You can imagine the chirping that will go on if Sweden comes away with the win, however. Holding gold at Worlds and gold at the Olympics over someone’s head (all in good fun) in the locker room is how prank wars begin.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 0
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)