Feb 22, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
From top to bottom, the Canadian forwards are used to being offensive leaders on their respective teams. That hasn’t been the case in Sochi, but so far it’s been fine because Canada’s more defensive style has worked.
“It’s hard to get real good players to be as committed as our group is defensively,” Canada head coach Mike Babcock, per Canada.com. “You know, we haven’t scored, and no one seems to care. It doesn’t matter. They just want to have an opportunity.”
Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, Corey Perry, and Rick Nash can be counted among those that still haven’t scored a goal for the Canadians, but as long as they don’t let that frustrate them and they stick to their gameplan, Canada’s still in a good position.
“I think guys trust that the puck’s going to go in and, if it’s not, they’re going to do the right things away from it,” Crosby told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “You don’t change the way you play. There’s a right way to play the game.”
Babcock added that he thinks ultimately the Canadian offense will pick up as long as they keep creating chances, but with one game left, they are all aware of what they will be judged on — and it won’t be how many goals they scored.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)