Feb 20, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
It’s not unusual for politicians to place a friendly wager on a major sporting event.
For example, when the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings faced each other in the 2013 Western Conference finals, the Mayors of their respective cities put a lot of food on the line ranging from Italian beef sandwiches to Hollenbeck Burritos. For the Stanley Cup Final, the Governors of Massachusetts and Illinois decided that the losing state leader would work at a food bank.
When it comes to the Olympics though, the stakes are higher, so naturally U.S. President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper have set the terms ahead of the upcoming gold medal game between Canada and America in women’s hockey and semifinals contest on the men’s side.
So what are two of the most powerful men in the world laying on the line ahead of what’s sure to be a pair of classic games between their nations?
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) February 20, 2014
Well…it’s definitely something.
They don’t specify what type of beer it is, so perhaps it’s rare beer brewed within deep underground lairs. Carefully constructed over the lives of several generations of scientists, father to son, mother to daughter. Beer that has never been exposed to the light of the sun. A new level of beverage that has yet to touch a human’s tongue.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 21
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)