Feb 20, 2014, 10:49 AM EST
It’s not unusual for politicians to place a friendly wager on a major sporting event.
For example, when the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings faced each other in the 2013 Western Conference finals, the Mayors of their respective cities put a lot of food on the line ranging from Italian beef sandwiches to Hollenbeck Burritos. For the Stanley Cup Final, the Governors of Massachusetts and Illinois decided that the losing state leader would work at a food bank.
When it comes to the Olympics though, the stakes are higher, so naturally U.S. President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper have set the terms ahead of the upcoming gold medal game between Canada and America in women’s hockey and semifinals contest on the men’s side.
So what are two of the most powerful men in the world laying on the line ahead of what’s sure to be a pair of classic games between their nations?
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) February 20, 2014
Well…it’s definitely something.
They don’t specify what type of beer it is, so perhaps it’s rare beer brewed within deep underground lairs. Carefully constructed over the lives of several generations of scientists, father to son, mother to daughter. Beer that has never been exposed to the light of the sun. A new level of beverage that has yet to touch a human’s tongue.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)