Feb 20, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
McPhee said Mikhail Ovechkin had heart problems after Russia’s gm vs Slovakia on Feb. 16. Ovi didn’t know until after Russia was eliminated.
— Katie Carrera (@kcarrera) February 20, 2014
Caps GM George McPhee says Alex Ovechkin’s father had heart issues that required surgery. He’s out of ICU and stable condition.#CapitalsTalk
— Chuck Gormley (@ChuckGormleyCSN) February 20, 2014
Russia was eliminated from Olympic competition yesterday following a 3-1 defeat to Finland. McPhee said he was unsure when Ovechkin would return to Washington, telling him to stay in Russia for as long as needed.
The Caps next play on Thursday, Feb. 27 with a road date in Florida.
Russia men’s hockey PR rep says @ovi8 didn’t show for charter flight to moscow this a.m., but no reason given at time. Now we know why.
— Dave Sheinin (@DaveSheinin) February 20, 2014
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)