Feb 20, 2014, 10:03 PM EST
Fans have gotten to know Team Latvia and Tampa Bay Lightning prospect goalie Kristers Gudlevskis after his incredible performance in a 2-1 loss to Canada in the quarterfinals. Now NHL fans might get to know him a little better.
Lindback has been dealing with a sprained left ankle and it came at a poor time as Ben Bishop had been dealing with an injury. At a time when Lindback could’ve shown that he too could prove reliable, he wound up out of the lineup and opened things up for Cedrick Desjardins and Gudlevskis to get the call from the AHL.
Now Gudlevskis will at least practice with the Bolts while Lindback’s ankle is figured out. With his new found celebrity thanks to his play in the Olympics, Gudlevskis could earn a bit more attention this time around.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)