Feb 20, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens headed into the Olympic break on a three-game winning streak. Now they’re that much closer to getting Alex Galchenyuk back in the lineup.
Galchenyuk has been out with a broken hand, but he returned to practice with the team on Thursday. As Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette shares, he’s anxious to play.
“It’s my first practice with the team and I am still looking to get more speed and flexibility back in my hand,” said Galchenyuk, who was sporting an ice pack on his hand as he talked to the media. “There are little things I have to work on, like the toe drag I tried out there. I know what I have to do, but I have to think about it. Those movements have to become natural again.”
Galchenyuk was injured against the Florida Panthers on Jan. 6 and the team has gone 7-7-1 in his absence. This season, his second in the league, he has 23 points in 44 games.
The break may have come at a poor time for the Habs as they were getting their act back together after going through a slump in January, but with Galchenyuk on the mend and aiming to get back soon, things are looking up.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)