Feb 20, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens headed into the Olympic break on a three-game winning streak. Now they’re that much closer to getting Alex Galchenyuk back in the lineup.
Galchenyuk has been out with a broken hand, but he returned to practice with the team on Thursday. As Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette shares, he’s anxious to play.
“It’s my first practice with the team and I am still looking to get more speed and flexibility back in my hand,” said Galchenyuk, who was sporting an ice pack on his hand as he talked to the media. “There are little things I have to work on, like the toe drag I tried out there. I know what I have to do, but I have to think about it. Those movements have to become natural again.”
Galchenyuk was injured against the Florida Panthers on Jan. 6 and the team has gone 7-7-1 in his absence. This season, his second in the league, he has 23 points in 44 games.
The break may have come at a poor time for the Habs as they were getting their act back together after going through a slump in January, but with Galchenyuk on the mend and aiming to get back soon, things are looking up.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)