Feb 20, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens headed into the Olympic break on a three-game winning streak. Now they’re that much closer to getting Alex Galchenyuk back in the lineup.
Galchenyuk has been out with a broken hand, but he returned to practice with the team on Thursday. As Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette shares, he’s anxious to play.
“It’s my first practice with the team and I am still looking to get more speed and flexibility back in my hand,” said Galchenyuk, who was sporting an ice pack on his hand as he talked to the media. “There are little things I have to work on, like the toe drag I tried out there. I know what I have to do, but I have to think about it. Those movements have to become natural again.”
Galchenyuk was injured against the Florida Panthers on Jan. 6 and the team has gone 7-7-1 in his absence. This season, his second in the league, he has 23 points in 44 games.
The break may have come at a poor time for the Habs as they were getting their act back together after going through a slump in January, but with Galchenyuk on the mend and aiming to get back soon, things are looking up.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)