Feb 20, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens headed into the Olympic break on a three-game winning streak. Now they’re that much closer to getting Alex Galchenyuk back in the lineup.
Galchenyuk has been out with a broken hand, but he returned to practice with the team on Thursday. As Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette shares, he’s anxious to play.
“It’s my first practice with the team and I am still looking to get more speed and flexibility back in my hand,” said Galchenyuk, who was sporting an ice pack on his hand as he talked to the media. “There are little things I have to work on, like the toe drag I tried out there. I know what I have to do, but I have to think about it. Those movements have to become natural again.”
Galchenyuk was injured against the Florida Panthers on Jan. 6 and the team has gone 7-7-1 in his absence. This season, his second in the league, he has 23 points in 44 games.
The break may have come at a poor time for the Habs as they were getting their act back together after going through a slump in January, but with Galchenyuk on the mend and aiming to get back soon, things are looking up.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)