Feb 20, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Johan Franzen hasn’t been able to participate in Sweden’s Olympic run due to a concussion sustained on Dec. 15, but the time off might have done him some good.
He resumed practicing with the other non-Olympians on Detroit’s roster on Wednesday and hopes to rejoin the Red Wings’ lineup immediately following the break, according to the Detroit Free Press.
That being said, he’s not sure if he’s out of the woods yet. While he isn’t experiencing much in the way of symptoms, that’s been the case throughout most of his recovery. The problems start to arise when he gets into game-like situations with a lot of movement.
“Even if I felt good the last two weeks without doing anything, it doesn’t really mean anything,” Franzen said. “I gotta get a few practices in to see how I really feel.”
The Red Wings have been hit hard by injuries throughout the season and they recently suffered another major blow when Henrik Zetterberg‘s Olympics ended due to a back injury.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)