Feb 20, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Johan Franzen hasn’t been able to participate in Sweden’s Olympic run due to a concussion sustained on Dec. 15, but the time off might have done him some good.
He resumed practicing with the other non-Olympians on Detroit’s roster on Wednesday and hopes to rejoin the Red Wings’ lineup immediately following the break, according to the Detroit Free Press.
That being said, he’s not sure if he’s out of the woods yet. While he isn’t experiencing much in the way of symptoms, that’s been the case throughout most of his recovery. The problems start to arise when he gets into game-like situations with a lot of movement.
“Even if I felt good the last two weeks without doing anything, it doesn’t really mean anything,” Franzen said. “I gotta get a few practices in to see how I really feel.”
The Red Wings have been hit hard by injuries throughout the season and they recently suffered another major blow when Henrik Zetterberg‘s Olympics ended due to a back injury.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)