Feb 20, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Canada had no choice but to make an adjustment after John Tavares was knocked out of the Olympics due to a knee injury. However, Red Wings coach Mike Babcock chose to keep the alterations to a minimum.
“Johnny’s been playing great for us, and hopefully he has a speedy recovery and it’s not too serious,” Duchene told the Canadian Press. “But it’s a big opportunity for myself now, chance to play center, to play where I’m comfortable.”
Beyond that, Babcock didn’t make any alterations to the lines that he used versus Latvia on Wednesday. Canada only managed to score two goals against the Latvians, but they controlled the game, out shooting them 57-16.
With that in mind, here’s what the Americans will likely face on Friday:
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15