Feb 20, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be an Olympics without a story about a line developing so much chemistry they’ve developed a nickname. Such is the case with Team USA’s trio of David Backes, Dustin Brown, and Ryan Callahan.
As Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy shares, the team captains of the Blues, Kings, and Rangers have earned a name for themselves and it’s… Delicious. They are “The Meat Line.”
“I’m the beef. Dustin Brown’s the pork. Callahan’s the chicken. So that’s our meat line,” said Backes.
Beef, pork, and chicken – just like your burrito choices at your favorite place.
Backes tells Wyshynski it was Derek Stepan who came up with the name for the three and Stepan wanted to make sure his Rangers teammate was the chicken out of the group. Figuring out the rest of the charcuterie plate was easy enough.
That trio played very well against the Czechs as Brown and Backes each had a goal. Coach Dan Bylsma is hoping the three of them can make life miserable (and hungry?) for Canada on Friday.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 1
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7