Feb 20, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be an Olympics without a story about a line developing so much chemistry they’ve developed a nickname. Such is the case with Team USA’s trio of David Backes, Dustin Brown, and Ryan Callahan.
As Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy shares, the team captains of the Blues, Kings, and Rangers have earned a name for themselves and it’s… Delicious. They are “The Meat Line.”
“I’m the beef. Dustin Brown’s the pork. Callahan’s the chicken. So that’s our meat line,” said Backes.
Beef, pork, and chicken – just like your burrito choices at your favorite place.
Backes tells Wyshynski it was Derek Stepan who came up with the name for the three and Stepan wanted to make sure his Rangers teammate was the chicken out of the group. Figuring out the rest of the charcuterie plate was easy enough.
That trio played very well against the Czechs as Brown and Backes each had a goal. Coach Dan Bylsma is hoping the three of them can make life miserable (and hungry?) for Canada on Friday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5