Feb 20, 2014, 7:36 PM EST
It wouldn’t be an Olympics without a story about a line developing so much chemistry they’ve developed a nickname. Such is the case with Team USA’s trio of David Backes, Dustin Brown, and Ryan Callahan.
As Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy shares, the team captains of the Blues, Kings, and Rangers have earned a name for themselves and it’s… Delicious. They are “The Meat Line.”
“I’m the beef. Dustin Brown’s the pork. Callahan’s the chicken. So that’s our meat line,” said Backes.
Beef, pork, and chicken – just like your burrito choices at your favorite place.
Backes tells Wyshynski it was Derek Stepan who came up with the name for the three and Stepan wanted to make sure his Rangers teammate was the chicken out of the group. Figuring out the rest of the charcuterie plate was easy enough.
That trio played very well against the Czechs as Brown and Backes each had a goal. Coach Dan Bylsma is hoping the three of them can make life miserable (and hungry?) for Canada on Friday.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52