Feb 19, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos, out since Nov. 11 with a broken right tibia, could return to the Tampa Bay Lightning lineup in the club’s four-game road trip coming back from the Olympic break, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
The Lightning begin the trip in Nashville against the Predators on Feb. 27.
Steven Stamkos' timetable is still open-ended, Cooper said, though stated goal is for him to be ready for the Predators.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) February 18, 2014
Stamkos said he has an X-ray likely on Monday. Best case he plays on road trip after break. Worst case he is ready for homestand on March 6.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) February 19, 2014
Stamkos was on a torrid scoring pace prior to the injury, having racked up 14 goals in just 17 games to start the season. At the time that had him as a lock to make Canada’s Olympic team, currently competing in Sochi.
His Tampa Bay teammate Martin St. Louis, originally snubbed when the roster was named on Jan. 7, was named as the replacement for Stamkos just prior to the Olympic break in the National Hockey League schedule.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 21
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)