Feb 19, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos, out since Nov. 11 with a broken right tibia, could return to the Tampa Bay Lightning lineup in the club’s four-game road trip coming back from the Olympic break, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
The Lightning begin the trip in Nashville against the Predators on Feb. 27.
Steven Stamkos' timetable is still open-ended, Cooper said, though stated goal is for him to be ready for the Predators.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) February 18, 2014
Stamkos said he has an X-ray likely on Monday. Best case he plays on road trip after break. Worst case he is ready for homestand on March 6.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) February 19, 2014
Stamkos was on a torrid scoring pace prior to the injury, having racked up 14 goals in just 17 games to start the season. At the time that had him as a lock to make Canada’s Olympic team, currently competing in Sochi.
His Tampa Bay teammate Martin St. Louis, originally snubbed when the roster was named on Jan. 7, was named as the replacement for Stamkos just prior to the Olympic break in the National Hockey League schedule.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)