Feb 19, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos, out since Nov. 11 with a broken right tibia, could return to the Tampa Bay Lightning lineup in the club’s four-game road trip coming back from the Olympic break, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
The Lightning begin the trip in Nashville against the Predators on Feb. 27.
Stamkos was on a torrid scoring pace prior to the injury, having racked up 14 goals in just 17 games to start the season. At the time that had him as a lock to make Canada’s Olympic team, currently competing in Sochi.
His Tampa Bay teammate Martin St. Louis, originally snubbed when the roster was named on Jan. 7, was named as the replacement for Stamkos just prior to the Olympic break in the National Hockey League schedule.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5