Feb 19, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos, out since Nov. 11 with a broken right tibia, could return to the Tampa Bay Lightning lineup in the club’s four-game road trip coming back from the Olympic break, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
The Lightning begin the trip in Nashville against the Predators on Feb. 27.
Steven Stamkos' timetable is still open-ended, Cooper said, though stated goal is for him to be ready for the Predators.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) February 18, 2014
Stamkos said he has an X-ray likely on Monday. Best case he plays on road trip after break. Worst case he is ready for homestand on March 6.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) February 19, 2014
Stamkos was on a torrid scoring pace prior to the injury, having racked up 14 goals in just 17 games to start the season. At the time that had him as a lock to make Canada’s Olympic team, currently competing in Sochi.
His Tampa Bay teammate Martin St. Louis, originally snubbed when the roster was named on Jan. 7, was named as the replacement for Stamkos just prior to the Olympic break in the National Hockey League schedule.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 34
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 23
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 33
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 28
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)