Feb 19, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Things are looking up for the Nashville Predators as the Olympic break winds down.
Getting the Finnish netminder back on the ice and working out is a welcome sight for the Preds as they’ve been trying to stay afloat in the Western Conference playoff race with a motley crew of goalies.
The Preds have used Carter Hutton, Marek Mazanec and, most recently, Devan Dubnyk to help get them through Rinne’s injury. Of that bunch, Hutton has been the best, but Dubnyk has made only two starts since arriving in Nashville in a trade from the Edmonton Oilers.
The Predators are four points behind Dallas for the final wild card spot in the West and while their offense needs help, getting Rinne’s superior goaltending back will give them a lift.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)