Feb 19, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
Things are looking up for the Nashville Predators as the Olympic break winds down.
Getting the Finnish netminder back on the ice and working out is a welcome sight for the Preds as they’ve been trying to stay afloat in the Western Conference playoff race with a motley crew of goalies.
The Preds have used Carter Hutton, Marek Mazanec and, most recently, Devan Dubnyk to help get them through Rinne’s injury. Of that bunch, Hutton has been the best, but Dubnyk has made only two starts since arriving in Nashville in a trade from the Edmonton Oilers.
The Predators are four points behind Dallas for the final wild card spot in the West and while their offense needs help, getting Rinne’s superior goaltending back will give them a lift.
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 0
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 26
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 68
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)