Feb 19, 2014, 1:16 AM EDT
It appears Semyon Varlamov will be between the pipes for Russia against Finland in the quarter-final of the men’s Olympic hockey competition in Sochi.
Varlamov’s last game came in the preliminary round – a 1-0 shutout victory in the shootout against Slovakia.
To this point in the tournament, Russia has alternated between Varlamov and Sergei Bobrovsky, who also recorded the shutout victory against underdog Norway in the qualification round.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 13
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)