Feb 19, 2014, 1:16 AM EDT
It appears Semyon Varlamov will be between the pipes for Russia against Finland in the quarter-final of the men’s Olympic hockey competition in Sochi.
Varlamov’s last game came in the preliminary round – a 1-0 shutout victory in the shootout against Slovakia.
To this point in the tournament, Russia has alternated between Varlamov and Sergei Bobrovsky, who also recorded the shutout victory against underdog Norway in the qualification round.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)