Feb 19, 2014, 1:16 AM EDT
It appears Semyon Varlamov will be between the pipes for Russia against Finland in the quarter-final of the men’s Olympic hockey competition in Sochi.
Varlamov’s last game came in the preliminary round – a 1-0 shutout victory in the shootout against Slovakia.
To this point in the tournament, Russia has alternated between Varlamov and Sergei Bobrovsky, who also recorded the shutout victory against underdog Norway in the qualification round.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)