Feb 19, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets prospect Lukas Sutter will have reconstructive shoulder surgery and is done for the 2013-14 Western Hockey League season, the Red Deer Rebels announced on Tuesday.
Sutter, 20, is a second-round pick, 39th overall, of the Jets from the 2012 NHL Draft. In 45 games with the Rebels this season, Sutter scored 10 goals and 23 points. This marks Sutter’s final season in junior hockey, before he will move on to the professional level.
Also thank you to everyone who helped me along the way in my junior career. It was a hell of a ride and its tough to see it come to an end.—
Lukas Sutter (@Suttsy23) February 19, 2014
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40