Feb 19, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets prospect Lukas Sutter will have reconstructive shoulder surgery and is done for the 2013-14 Western Hockey League season, the Red Deer Rebels announced on Tuesday.
Sutter, 20, is a second-round pick, 39th overall, of the Jets from the 2012 NHL Draft. In 45 games with the Rebels this season, Sutter scored 10 goals and 23 points. This marks Sutter’s final season in junior hockey, before he will move on to the professional level.
Also thank you to everyone who helped me along the way in my junior career. It was a hell of a ride and its tough to see it come to an end.—
Lukas Sutter (@Suttsy23) February 19, 2014
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31