Feb 19, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets prospect Lukas Sutter will have reconstructive shoulder surgery and is done for the 2013-14 Western Hockey League season, the Red Deer Rebels announced on Tuesday.
Sutter, 20, is a second-round pick, 39th overall, of the Jets from the 2012 NHL Draft. In 45 games with the Rebels this season, Sutter scored 10 goals and 23 points. This marks Sutter’s final season in junior hockey, before he will move on to the professional level.
Also thank you to everyone who helped me along the way in my junior career. It was a hell of a ride and its tough to see it come to an end.—
Lukas Sutter (@Suttsy23) February 19, 2014
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 31
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 66
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51