Feb 18, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
After strong showings in the United States’ round robin games against Slovakia and Russia, the team will have Quick between the pipes in Wednesday’s quarterfinal game, per NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
U.S. head coach Dan Bylsma was dealt a strong hand when asked to pick between Miller and Quick. Both are superb goaltenders and obviously Miller’s past success in the Olympics can’t be ignored, but Quick showed a knack during the 2012 and 2013 playoffs for being able to elevate his game in key matches.
Meanwhile, Miller hasn’t played in a postseason contest since 2011.
America will play against the winner of the qualification round match between the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 37
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 31
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 26
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)