Feb 18, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
After strong showings in the United States’ round robin games against Slovakia and Russia, the team will have Quick between the pipes in Wednesday’s quarterfinal game, per NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
U.S. head coach Dan Bylsma was dealt a strong hand when asked to pick between Miller and Quick. Both are superb goaltenders and obviously Miller’s past success in the Olympics can’t be ignored, but Quick showed a knack during the 2012 and 2013 playoffs for being able to elevate his game in key matches.
Meanwhile, Miller hasn’t played in a postseason contest since 2011.
America will play against the winner of the qualification round match between the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)