Feb 18, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
After strong showings in the United States’ round robin games against Slovakia and Russia, the team will have Quick between the pipes in Wednesday’s quarterfinal game, per NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
U.S. head coach Dan Bylsma was dealt a strong hand when asked to pick between Miller and Quick. Both are superb goaltenders and obviously Miller’s past success in the Olympics can’t be ignored, but Quick showed a knack during the 2012 and 2013 playoffs for being able to elevate his game in key matches.
Meanwhile, Miller hasn’t played in a postseason contest since 2011.
America will play against the winner of the qualification round match between the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22