Feb 18, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
After strong showings in the United States’ round robin games against Slovakia and Russia, the team will have Quick between the pipes in Wednesday’s quarterfinal game, per NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
U.S. head coach Dan Bylsma was dealt a strong hand when asked to pick between Miller and Quick. Both are superb goaltenders and obviously Miller’s past success in the Olympics can’t be ignored, but Quick showed a knack during the 2012 and 2013 playoffs for being able to elevate his game in key matches.
Meanwhile, Miller hasn’t played in a postseason contest since 2011.
America will play against the winner of the qualification round match between the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 29
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)