Feb 18, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
After strong showings in the United States’ round robin games against Slovakia and Russia, the team will have Quick between the pipes in Wednesday’s quarterfinal game, per NHL.com’s Dan Rosen.
U.S. head coach Dan Bylsma was dealt a strong hand when asked to pick between Miller and Quick. Both are superb goaltenders and obviously Miller’s past success in the Olympics can’t be ignored, but Quick showed a knack during the 2012 and 2013 playoffs for being able to elevate his game in key matches.
Meanwhile, Miller hasn’t played in a postseason contest since 2011.
America will play against the winner of the qualification round match between the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54