Feb 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
You’ll recall two days ago a post about a third-period line brawl that broke out between the American Hockey League’s Adirondack Phantoms and Portland Pirates. The two teams, totaled in the game, combined for 299 penalty minutes.
Well, the league has handed down six suspensions totaling 13 games on Tuesday. The Phantoms were hit especially hard by the supplementary discipline. Center Kris Newbury was suspended four games; goalie Cal Heeter suspended three games; left winger Zack FitzGerald suspended two games; Ben Holmstrom for one game and Tye McGinn suspended one game. For Portland, only Kyle Hagel was given a ban, which will last two games.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 0
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 24
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3