Feb 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
You’ll recall two days ago a post about a third-period line brawl that broke out between the American Hockey League’s Adirondack Phantoms and Portland Pirates. The two teams, totaled in the game, combined for 299 penalty minutes.
Well, the league has handed down six suspensions totaling 13 games on Tuesday. The Phantoms were hit especially hard by the supplementary discipline. Center Kris Newbury was suspended four games; goalie Cal Heeter suspended three games; left winger Zack FitzGerald suspended two games; Ben Holmstrom for one game and Tye McGinn suspended one game. For Portland, only Kyle Hagel was given a ban, which will last two games.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25