Feb 17, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Online sportsbook Bovada has released a series of props prior to the start of the Olympic hockey playoff round and, unsurprisingly, a pair of American names have rocketed up the MVP list.
Phil Kessel, the tournament’s leading scorer, sits even with Sidney Crosby (11/2) as the favorite to win most valuable player. The odds illustrate what a dominant tournament Kessel’s had thus far — on Feb. 5, Bovada released a similar set of pre-tournament MVP odds in which the Toronto winger was listed at 30/1.
As for the other American moving up the list, Olympic hero T.J. Oshie comes in at 15/1 after failing to crack the initial list. Oshie skyrocketed to fame thanks to his four goals in a dramatic win over Russia on Saturday, and now has the same odds as Finnish goalie Tuukka Rask to win tournament MVP.
Here’s the full odds list, per Bovada:
Phil Kessel (USA) 11/2
Sidney Crosby (CAN) 11/2
Pavel Datsyuk (RUS) 13/2
Drew Doughty (CAN) 15/2
Alex Ovechkin (RUS) 8/1
Jonathan Quick (USA) 10/1
Carey Price (CAN) 10/1
Henrik Lundqvist (SWE) 10/1
Erik Karlsson (SWE) 12/1
Semyon Varlamov (RUS) 12/1
T.J. Oshie (USA) 15/1
Tuukka Rask (FIN) 15/1
John Tavares (CAN) 20/1
James van Riemsdyk (USA) 15/1
Jonas Hiller (SUI) 25/1
Ondrej Pavelec (CZE) 40/1
Tomas Plekanec (CZE) 50/1
Olli Jokinen (FIN) 50/1
And here are the updated gold medal odds:
Czech Republic 25/1
Finally, Bovada’s also released a series of props for the tournament’s leading goalscorer. The current leader, Michael Grabner, is at 5/4, followed by Kessel (7/4), Doughty (13/2), Jeff Carter (8/1), Ovechkin (9/1), Evgeni Malkin (11/1), Karlsson (12/1), Crosby (20/1), Joe Pavelski (30/1) and Ryan Getzlaf (30/1).
Sep 4, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He’s wise to be patient with Carey Price cemented in the No. 1 spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
They previously visited Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Daniel Paille still looks for work.
Sep 4, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s reportedly worth $950K.
Sep 4, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Friday’s interesting tidbits in one spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
His critics get one fewer straw to grasp.
Sep 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly work in the player development department.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
GM Jeff Gorton is excited to bring him back to New York.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Everyone that was at his Hamburg home during the night of the alleged incident, to be exacted.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)