Feb 17, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
There’s been plenty of discussion about Chris Kunitz‘s role on Team Canada. After all, he was seemingly picked to team up with captain Sidney Crosby and their chemistry was to pay off against the world.
That hasn’t happened as of yet and in Canada’s 2-1 overtime win against Finland, Kunitz was moved to the fourth line and could be in line to be scratched in the quarterfinals. Despite all of that, coach Mike Babcock was OK with Kunitz as Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review shares.
“I think Kunitz did real good where he was,” Canada coach Mike Babcock said, referring to the first two games. “But to me, this wasn’t about Kunitz. It was about our overall team and just trying to find things that work.”
So far what’s been working for Canada is the goaltending as well as Jeff Carter and Drew Doughty. The rest of the superstar talent on the Canadian roster is waiting to break out, including Crosby, and that’s become a point of contention for fans.
Canada will face either Switzerland or Latvia in the quarterfinals on Wednesday.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)