Feb 17, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
There’s been plenty of discussion about Chris Kunitz‘s role on Team Canada. After all, he was seemingly picked to team up with captain Sidney Crosby and their chemistry was to pay off against the world.
That hasn’t happened as of yet and in Canada’s 2-1 overtime win against Finland, Kunitz was moved to the fourth line and could be in line to be scratched in the quarterfinals. Despite all of that, coach Mike Babcock was OK with Kunitz as Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review shares.
“I think Kunitz did real good where he was,” Canada coach Mike Babcock said, referring to the first two games. “But to me, this wasn’t about Kunitz. It was about our overall team and just trying to find things that work.”
So far what’s been working for Canada is the goaltending as well as Jeff Carter and Drew Doughty. The rest of the superstar talent on the Canadian roster is waiting to break out, including Crosby, and that’s become a point of contention for fans.
Canada will face either Switzerland or Latvia in the quarterfinals on Wednesday.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1