Feb 17, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
There’s been plenty of discussion about Chris Kunitz‘s role on Team Canada. After all, he was seemingly picked to team up with captain Sidney Crosby and their chemistry was to pay off against the world.
That hasn’t happened as of yet and in Canada’s 2-1 overtime win against Finland, Kunitz was moved to the fourth line and could be in line to be scratched in the quarterfinals. Despite all of that, coach Mike Babcock was OK with Kunitz as Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review shares.
“I think Kunitz did real good where he was,” Canada coach Mike Babcock said, referring to the first two games. “But to me, this wasn’t about Kunitz. It was about our overall team and just trying to find things that work.”
So far what’s been working for Canada is the goaltending as well as Jeff Carter and Drew Doughty. The rest of the superstar talent on the Canadian roster is waiting to break out, including Crosby, and that’s become a point of contention for fans.
Canada will face either Switzerland or Latvia in the quarterfinals on Wednesday.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)