Feb 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
The Portland Pirates and Adirondack Phantoms combined for 299 penalty minutes Sunday, after a wild line brawl occurred late in the third period.
With the score 2-0 for Portland, an incident took place near the blue line, prompting several Phantoms players to jump in with 22 seconds remaining in the game. Portland players followed not far behind.
Entertaining though this might be, there has been no fighting at the Olympics – an event that involves the best players in the world – and it seems there haven’t been any complaints about a lack of fisticuffs.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)