Feb 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
The Portland Pirates and Adirondack Phantoms combined for 299 penalty minutes Sunday, after a wild line brawl occurred late in the third period.
With the score 2-0 for Portland, an incident took place near the blue line, prompting several Phantoms players to jump in with 22 seconds remaining in the game. Portland players followed not far behind.
Entertaining though this might be, there has been no fighting at the Olympics – an event that involves the best players in the world – and it seems there haven’t been any complaints about a lack of fisticuffs.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)