Feb 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
The Portland Pirates and Adirondack Phantoms combined for 299 penalty minutes Sunday, after a wild line brawl occurred late in the third period.
With the score 2-0 for Portland, an incident took place near the blue line, prompting several Phantoms players to jump in with 22 seconds remaining in the game. Portland players followed not far behind.
Entertaining though this might be, there has been no fighting at the Olympics – an event that involves the best players in the world – and it seems there haven’t been any complaints about a lack of fisticuffs.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)