Feb 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
The Portland Pirates and Adirondack Phantoms combined for 299 penalty minutes Sunday, after a wild line brawl occurred late in the third period.
With the score 2-0 for Portland, an incident took place near the blue line, prompting several Phantoms players to jump in with 22 seconds remaining in the game. Portland players followed not far behind.
Entertaining though this might be, there has been no fighting at the Olympics – an event that involves the best players in the world – and it seems there haven’t been any complaints about a lack of fisticuffs.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)