Feb 16, 2014, 3:03 AM EDT
All things (even T.J. Oshie) might be pointing Jonathan Quick‘s way right now, but the U.S. will go with Ryan Miller in net against Slovenia on Sunday.
The move makes a lot of sense. Despite Saturday’s momentous win, Slovenia poses little threat and this game doesn’t carry a lot of meaning. Even so, the United States is wise to give Miller a chance to acquaint himself to the altered angles and other adjustments that come from playing on the Olympic ice surface.
At the same time, it doesn’t threaten Quick’s status as the go-to goalie, either.
Both the U.S. and Slovenia are coming off of exhilarating wins from Saturday. Slovenia won its first-ever men’s Olympic ice hockey game while (you might be aware that) the U.S. beat Russia in that memorable 3-2 shootout win.
Jul 6, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
His Kelowna Rockets went to the 2015 Memorial Cup.
Jul 6, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
“You basically say, ‘I have no idea what’s going on, but it’s a great place to play and we have great fans and a great stadium.'”
Jul 6, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
Played 59 games for the Sabres last season.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:23 AM EDT
“He gets to come in and have a heck of a year and put the screws to us.”
Jul 6, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
They have the arena, but not the potential owner.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Finished with a career-high 18 goals last season in Vancouver.
Jul 6, 2015, 9:58 AM EDT
Can become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
Jul 6, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The 23-year-old could be in line for a significant raise.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He struggled in his first year pro split between the AHL and ECHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
He was bought out by Carolina last week.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
He’ll make $650,000 at the NHL level and $250,000 in the AHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Hearings will take place in Toronto from July 20 to August 4
Jul 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
It’s reportedly a two-way contract worth $600,000.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
The deal will reportedly pay him $4.1 million next season.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
His peak came in 2013-14: 19 goals, 51 points.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Perhaps Blue Jackets prospects can learn from his scrappy ways.
Jul 5, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Some depth for the Bolts.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
He shared his story (and struggles) this past week.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
It may leave them in a “cap vise.”
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 12
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)