Feb 16, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Sweden has had a host of injury problems to worry about before and during the Olympics, and now they have another concern to keep an eye on.
Hagelin tells Expressen he will continue to play in the Olympics and for Sweden that’s a good thing as they’re already working shorthanded.
The Swedes went into the Sochi Games without Henrik Sedin and Johan Franzen and then lost captain Henrik Zetterberg to a herniated disc injury after the opening game against the Czech Republic. The catch about losing a player to injury during the Games is you can’t replace them with someone else. If Hagelin went out of the lineup, the Swedes would be going almost bare bones at forward.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 7
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2