Feb 16, 2014, 5:28 AM EST
Austria won its first game of the 2014 Olympics by edging Norway 3-1 on Sunday. Norway ends group play without a win.
While there wasn’t a whole lot on the line – in the grand scheme of things, the two teams were jostling for qualification round positioning – the victory highlighted how dangerous Michael Grabner can be on international ice.
The speedy New York Islanders winger didn’t score as Canada blanked his team on Feb. 14, but it seems like he’s on a hot streak nonetheless. He nabbed a hat trick while Finland blew out Austria 8-4 on Feb. 13 and added two goals and an assist on Sunday.
In other words, he’s been a part of six of Austria’s seven goals so far in this tournament (and nearly added a hat trick goal late in today’s game).
Michael Raffl collected Austria’s other goal while Per-Age Skroder was the only Norwegian to find the net.
The two teams will get a better idea of how their next games will play out as the standings become clearer.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)