Feb 16, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Canada may have pressing questions about the lack of offense from the forwards, the question about who starts in goal never goes away.
Such is the case following Canada’s 2-1 overtime victory against Finland.
Canada coach Mike Babcock was asked about who would get the call in the quarterfinals against the winner of the Switzerland-Latvia qualifier. If Babcock knows who he wants, he wasn’t giving up that information today as Stephen Whyno shared.
When asked if he knows who he’ll start in goal, he answered, “No and won’t tell ya.”
Carey Price earned two starts in round-robin play while Roberto Luongo had one. All three games saw tremendous play from both goalies, but if you have to go out on a limb and guess who starts against either the Swiss or Latvians it has to be Price.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)