Feb 16, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Canada may have pressing questions about the lack of offense from the forwards, the question about who starts in goal never goes away.
Such is the case following Canada’s 2-1 overtime victory against Finland.
Canada coach Mike Babcock was asked about who would get the call in the quarterfinals against the winner of the Switzerland-Latvia qualifier. If Babcock knows who he wants, he wasn’t giving up that information today as Stephen Whyno shared.
When asked if he knows who he’ll start in goal, he answered, “No and won’t tell ya.”
Carey Price earned two starts in round-robin play while Roberto Luongo had one. All three games saw tremendous play from both goalies, but if you have to go out on a limb and guess who starts against either the Swiss or Latvians it has to be Price.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13