Feb 16, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
Canada finished round-robin play undefeated with two wins in regulation and a 2-1 overtime win against Finland on Sunday.
You’d think that would be enough to keep everyone satisfied with how the team is playing, but complaints still arise because the offense isn’t quite all there. Yes, the defense is scoring well, but with guys like Sidney Crosby out there, you expect more from the guys up front.
Coach Mike Babcock wonders what that is all about as he told reporters following the win against Finland.
With a team a loaded as Canada is, expectations are understandably high. They’re coming off a gold medal win in 2010 and have, arguably, the deepest offense in the Olympic tournament.
Now that the elimination rounds are coming up, everything is analyzed under an electron microscope to find what’s wrong and what could be better. Instead, Canada just keeps winning despite the seeming bumps in the road. If they have any hiccups in this part of the tournament, however, it could lead to serious disappointment.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 7
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 17
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)