Feb 15, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Team USA’s 3-2 shootout win against Team Russia wound up being a record-setting event for NBC. The game was the most streamed game in NBC Sports and NBC Olympics history.
The game was live-streamed on NBCOlympics.com and on the NBC Live Extra app by nearly 600,000 unique visitors (598,552 in all) logged in a put in 14.7 million minutes that culminated with T.J. Oshie‘s game-winning shootout goal. Those totals surpassed all events from the 2010 Vancouver Olympics as well as the 2013 Stanley Cup Final.
If you missed the game and want to catch it again, portions of it as well as the full overtime and shootout will be on NBC in primetime tonight with host Merideth Vieira joined by Doc Emrick and Al Michaels. The full game will be re-aired on Sunday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 60
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 3
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (60)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)