Feb 15, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Florida Panthers and Team Finland forward Aleksander Barkov could be out a bit longer after the injury he suffered against Norway.
A Finnish site reports Barkov will miss the next 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. Barkov battled a knee injury earlier this season that cost him four games.
George Richards of The Miami Herald suggests the Panthers could shut Barkov down for the year because there are eight weeks left in the season.
While his Olympics were already shot, the blow it deals to the Panthers lineup is a tough one. Barkov had been playing on the top line in Florida and was showing he was worth the team taking him second overall in the 2013 NHL Draft.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55