Feb 15, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
The Slovaks came into the Olympics with high hopes of earning a medal, but as Shawn Roarke of NHL.com shares, he took the heat for today’s loss.
“I think the first goal, that was a really weak goal for me,” said Halak, who was pulled in the game against the Americans. “I think that kind of set the tone for the rest of the period for us. If we’re going to blame somebody, I’ll take the full blame for this loss.”
Slovakia wraps up round-robin play on Sunday against Russia. After Russia’s shootout loss to the United States, that’s not looking like an appealing match-up for a team that’s looked off-kilter in their first two games.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12