Feb 14, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon is a guy who is never afraid to make a deal, but he may not be so eager to do that at the trade deadline this season.
George Richards of the Miami Herald heard from Tallon about a host of topics concerning the 15th place team in the Eastern Conference.
Tallon said he’s not ready to sell at the March 5 deadline just yet despite the team being 13 points back of the final wild card spot for the postseason. He said players like Brad Boyes, Tim Thomas, Jesse Winchester, and Tom Gilbert (who are all due to be free agents this summer) could come back next season. All of them would be attractive to teams looking to add a piece for a playoff run, however.
Speaking of Thomas, Tallon says the two have discussed him sticking around for another year. Tallon added emphatically that Thomas “absolutely” has a place there past this season. Both he and Scott Clemmensen are due to become free agents this summer and prospect Jacob Markstrom is biding his time in the minors.
Tallon says he would like to speak with soon-to-be restricted free agent defenseman Dmitry Kulikov about an extension but talks haven’t begun. He hopes to reach out to his agent soon to get things going there.
Jun 1, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Both defensemen are set to become unrestricted free agents next month.
Jun 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New Jersey has a press conference scheduled for noon on Tuesday.
Jun 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
He spent the 2014-15 season in the Swedish Hockey League.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Tampa initially got the pick in the Martin St. Louis deal last year.
Jun 1, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
The power of perception.
Jun 1, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
Two had fractured bones and the others were dealing with strains.
Jun 1, 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
They’ll do so at their draft day viewing party.
Jun 1, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
They also inked 2014 third round pick Blake Siebenaler.
Jun 1, 2015, 2:32 PM EDT
The league has become more competitive and great teams are forced to make hard choices.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
Sure, there are challenges ahead, but also great opportunities.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
That’s back-to-back finals for McCauley and O’Halloran.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:24 PM EDT
Yet doctors say he will be able to return next season.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:02 PM EDT
Patrick Kane is high on the list too.
Jun 1, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
This after Vancouver previously interviewed Ted Nolan.
Jun 1, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
He also worked for Team USA in the 2012 London Olympics.
Jun 1, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
“We need him to be a bigger and better part of our team.”
Jun 1, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
The scar stays in Switzerland.
Jun 1, 2015, 10:38 AM EDT
The 2011 fourth-rounder will become a free agent.
Jun 1, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
A conditional fourth-round pick jumps because of Chicago’s SCF run.
Jun 1, 2015, 9:08 AM EDT
The reigning “best goalie not in the NHL” does it again.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 4
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 1
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 41
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 26
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)