Feb 14, 2014, 1:59 AM EDT
Don’t be surprised if Hadamczik makes a change in goal. He didn’t dress Ondrej Pavelec of the Winnipeg Jets against Sweden, opting instead to use two KHL goalies; starter Jakub Kovar allowed three goals on 10 shots before being pulled less than a minute into the second period. Alexander Salak surrendered the Swedes’ fourth goal on the first shot he faced, though he did stop 14 shots after that. Hadamczik said he was giving Pavelec some extra time to adjust his body clock after coming from 10 time zones away.
The decision to start Kovar came back to bite the Czechs almost immediately, as he allowed three goals on just 10 shots in the team’s opening-tournament loss to Sweden two days ago and was yanked from the crease. Pavelec is the only National Hockey League goalie on the Czech roster, although it appeared he was just being saved for further games in the preliminary round.
“It’s the Olympics. Everyone wants to play,” Pavelec said. “That’s why we’re here. I don’t know. I’ll work hard in practice. The coaches have their reasons. Hopefully this works for us and we win.”
It’s also looking like Martin Hanzal could draw back into the lineup after being a healthy scratch in the last game. And Ales Hemsky could see a bigger role after expressing frustration with a lack of ice time in the opener.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)