Feb 13, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
In what was a bit of a surprise, Pavel Datsyuk played for Russia against Slovenia today after missing practice.
Datsyuk has been hampered by a lower-body injury and the Russian coach said it’s still an issue as Larry Lage of AP shares.
Speaking through an interpreter, Russia coach Zinetula Bilyaletdinov said “Pavel is having a difficult time, still,” with his lower-body injury.
Datsyuk’s nagging injury kept him out of the Detroit Red Wings lineup for most of January. He said he wasn’t concerned about it being an issue at the Olympics, but it’s clear it’s still giving him some trouble.
The Russians face the United States on Saturday and they’ll need Datsyuk in the lineup to try and keep Team USA’s centers under control. Considering the amount of speed the Americans played with in their 7-1 win against Slovakia, it’ll be Datsyuk’s toughest test of the tournament.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly earn $1 million next season.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Toronto, Calgary and Pittsburgh are amongst the teams, which have reached out.
Jun 29, 2015, 5:54 PM EDT
The payment will be made on Wednesday.
Jun 29, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Bill Hay and Peter Karmanos Jr. are also going in as builders.
Jun 29, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Also inside is information about the potential cap recapture situation the Kings might be stuck with.
Jun 29, 2015, 3:53 PM EDT
Jun 29, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
Processing Monday’s surprising termination.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Could make about a $15 million difference …
Jun 29, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
The 24-year-old’s three-year, $2.7 million deal is set to expire on Wednesday.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
If accurate, that’s $10.4M between Niemi and Kari Lehtonen.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
The 24-year-old was a pending restricted free agent.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
Get your dog puns ready.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
He should draw plenty of free agent interest.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Both players can be bought out on Tuesday, if they clear.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Update: Parenteau’s buyout is already official.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
He wasn’t tendered a qualifying offer by the Bolts on Monday.
Jun 29, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
He said “the fit was perfect” in Minnesota following the season.
Jun 29, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
The big forward provides injury insurance.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
He appeared in 20 regular season games with Pittsburgh following a March trade from St. Louis.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
He’ll make $600,000 at the NHL level and $400,000 in the American Hockey League.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 3
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 20
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 81
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 79
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 17
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 16
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (81)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (79)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)