Feb 13, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
In what was a bit of a surprise, Pavel Datsyuk played for Russia against Slovenia today after missing practice.
Datsyuk has been hampered by a lower-body injury and the Russian coach said it’s still an issue as Larry Lage of AP shares.
Speaking through an interpreter, Russia coach Zinetula Bilyaletdinov said “Pavel is having a difficult time, still,” with his lower-body injury.
Datsyuk’s nagging injury kept him out of the Detroit Red Wings lineup for most of January. He said he wasn’t concerned about it being an issue at the Olympics, but it’s clear it’s still giving him some trouble.
The Russians face the United States on Saturday and they’ll need Datsyuk in the lineup to try and keep Team USA’s centers under control. Considering the amount of speed the Americans played with in their 7-1 win against Slovakia, it’ll be Datsyuk’s toughest test of the tournament.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Carlson has his first of the playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Kudos to the Cambria County War Memorial Arena in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and the Decatur Civic Center in Decatur, Illinois.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He’ll backup for a fourth straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
New York, Nashville and Vancouver are all facing elimination today.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Both were in their first season with the hockey club.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
He helped Russia win gold last year.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
Happened on Wednesday in Vancouver.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Bickell and Versteeg swap spots.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
“Thought it was a typo.”
Apr 25, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He declined an invite to the Worlds because of the injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
He announced his retirement from international competition nearly a year ago.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Canucks , Preds and Islanders look to avoid elimination.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:28 AM EDT
St. Louis couldn’t capitalize on an early lead.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh and Ottawa need to win to survive.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:24 PM EDT
He didn’t get a point in the first round.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
Senators coach Dave Cameron called it “cheap” and a sign of frustration.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Evgeni Malkin finished the series without a point.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
Alexander Steen played a big role in that marker.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:57 PM EDT
Another 45 saves tonight.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
The odds of him playing were initially “50-50.”
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)