Feb 13, 2014, 3:38 AM EDT
Team Canada features two eyebrow-raising healthy scratches as they gear up for Thursday’s game against Norway, as P.K. Subban and Matt Duchene won’t suit up today. They’re expected to face Austria tomorrow, however, according to PHT’s Jason Brough.
Brough notes that it’s unclear who will come out of the lineup for Duchene and Subban on Friday.
Depending upon how you look at it, many will view this as a faulty decision while others will merely note that great players are often going to be out of the mix for a country with the deepest talent pool in the world.
Subban, 24, is the reigning Norris Trophy winner and seemed to be a polarizing choice for Canada. Duchene, 23, has enjoyed a fantastic season in helping the Colorado Avalanche enjoy surprising success.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)