Feb 12, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Marc-Edouard Vlasic is participating in his first Olympic Games for Canada and he’s not looking to steal the show.
Vlasic has been paired up with Kings defenseman Drew Doughty during practices ahead of the start of play on Thursday and, as Arpon Basu of NHL.com shares, he just wants to go out and do his job and not become more famous because of it.
“I’m a quiet guy. I just do what I do on the ice,” Vlasic said. “Other than that, as long as your peers and coaches know you, to me that’s what’s most important.”
Vlasic also added he just wants to do what he’s been doing for the past four seasons and that means playing strong defense. He has four goals and 18 points this season for the San Jose Sharks so he can pitch in offensively, but with Doughty manning the other side his job is to stay back.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)