Feb 12, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Marc-Edouard Vlasic is participating in his first Olympic Games for Canada and he’s not looking to steal the show.
Vlasic has been paired up with Kings defenseman Drew Doughty during practices ahead of the start of play on Thursday and, as Arpon Basu of NHL.com shares, he just wants to go out and do his job and not become more famous because of it.
“I’m a quiet guy. I just do what I do on the ice,” Vlasic said. “Other than that, as long as your peers and coaches know you, to me that’s what’s most important.”
Vlasic also added he just wants to do what he’s been doing for the past four seasons and that means playing strong defense. He has four goals and 18 points this season for the San Jose Sharks so he can pitch in offensively, but with Doughty manning the other side his job is to stay back.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (52)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)