Feb 12, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Marc-Edouard Vlasic is participating in his first Olympic Games for Canada and he’s not looking to steal the show.
Vlasic has been paired up with Kings defenseman Drew Doughty during practices ahead of the start of play on Thursday and, as Arpon Basu of NHL.com shares, he just wants to go out and do his job and not become more famous because of it.
“I’m a quiet guy. I just do what I do on the ice,” Vlasic said. “Other than that, as long as your peers and coaches know you, to me that’s what’s most important.”
Vlasic also added he just wants to do what he’s been doing for the past four seasons and that means playing strong defense. He has four goals and 18 points this season for the San Jose Sharks so he can pitch in offensively, but with Doughty manning the other side his job is to stay back.
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 3
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 37
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)