Feb 12, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
Marc-Edouard Vlasic is participating in his first Olympic Games for Canada and he’s not looking to steal the show.
Vlasic has been paired up with Kings defenseman Drew Doughty during practices ahead of the start of play on Thursday and, as Arpon Basu of NHL.com shares, he just wants to go out and do his job and not become more famous because of it.
“I’m a quiet guy. I just do what I do on the ice,” Vlasic said. “Other than that, as long as your peers and coaches know you, to me that’s what’s most important.”
Vlasic also added he just wants to do what he’s been doing for the past four seasons and that means playing strong defense. He has four goals and 18 points this season for the San Jose Sharks so he can pitch in offensively, but with Doughty manning the other side his job is to stay back.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)