Feb 12, 2014, 5:06 AM EDT
Even in a quick tournament like the 2014 Olympics, head coaches reserve the right to rotate goalies, so this doesn’t guarantee that Dan Bylsma is going with Quick over Miller in the grand scheme of things. Still, plenty of people will read it as such.
Miller, 33, put together an MVP performance in the 2010 Olympics to guide the U.S. to a silver medal. Quick, 28, won the Conn Smythe Trophy on his way to a Stanley Cup victory in 2011-12. As far as this season goes, Miller has the better individual numbers while Quick holds the superior win-loss record.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39