Feb 12, 2014, 5:06 AM EDT
Even in a quick tournament like the 2014 Olympics, head coaches reserve the right to rotate goalies, so this doesn’t guarantee that Dan Bylsma is going with Quick over Miller in the grand scheme of things. Still, plenty of people will read it as such.
Miller, 33, put together an MVP performance in the 2010 Olympics to guide the U.S. to a silver medal. Quick, 28, won the Conn Smythe Trophy on his way to a Stanley Cup victory in 2011-12. As far as this season goes, Miller has the better individual numbers while Quick holds the superior win-loss record.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17