Feb 11, 2014, 8:41 AM EDT
Datsyuk missed a little over a month due to a lower-body injury and while he returned on Jan. 6, it was in a limited capacity. Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland said the superstar forward probably isn’t at 100% and head coach Mike Babcock is of the same belief, but Datsyuk doesn’t seem worried.
“Everything’s fine,” Datsyuk said through an interpreter, according to the Canadian Press. “My injury does not bother me at all. Babcock is not my concern right now.”
But how Datsyuk handles his injury is the Red Wings’ long-term concern.
Zetterberg will play for Team Sweden in the Olympics. Meanwhile, Datsyuk is projected to play alongside Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Radulov. Russia’s opener will be against Slovenia.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)