Feb 11, 2014, 8:41 AM EDT
Datsyuk missed a little over a month due to a lower-body injury and while he returned on Jan. 6, it was in a limited capacity. Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland said the superstar forward probably isn’t at 100% and head coach Mike Babcock is of the same belief, but Datsyuk doesn’t seem worried.
“Everything’s fine,” Datsyuk said through an interpreter, according to the Canadian Press. “My injury does not bother me at all. Babcock is not my concern right now.”
But how Datsyuk handles his injury is the Red Wings’ long-term concern.
Zetterberg will play for Team Sweden in the Olympics. Meanwhile, Datsyuk is projected to play alongside Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Radulov. Russia’s opener will be against Slovenia.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 2
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)