Feb 11, 2014, 8:41 AM EDT
Datsyuk missed a little over a month due to a lower-body injury and while he returned on Jan. 6, it was in a limited capacity. Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland said the superstar forward probably isn’t at 100% and head coach Mike Babcock is of the same belief, but Datsyuk doesn’t seem worried.
“Everything’s fine,” Datsyuk said through an interpreter, according to the Canadian Press. “My injury does not bother me at all. Babcock is not my concern right now.”
But how Datsyuk handles his injury is the Red Wings’ long-term concern.
Zetterberg will play for Team Sweden in the Olympics. Meanwhile, Datsyuk is projected to play alongside Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Radulov. Russia’s opener will be against Slovenia.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)