Feb 11, 2014, 8:41 AM EDT
Datsyuk missed a little over a month due to a lower-body injury and while he returned on Jan. 6, it was in a limited capacity. Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland said the superstar forward probably isn’t at 100% and head coach Mike Babcock is of the same belief, but Datsyuk doesn’t seem worried.
“Everything’s fine,” Datsyuk said through an interpreter, according to the Canadian Press. “My injury does not bother me at all. Babcock is not my concern right now.”
But how Datsyuk handles his injury is the Red Wings’ long-term concern.
Zetterberg will play for Team Sweden in the Olympics. Meanwhile, Datsyuk is projected to play alongside Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Radulov. Russia’s opener will be against Slovenia.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7