Feb 11, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Olympic break might be coming at the best time for the New York Islanders and Frans Nielsen.
Isles GM Garth Snow says Nielsen will miss a month of action after suffering a broken hand on Saturday night, as Arthur Staple of Newsday shares.
Losing Nielsen puts the Islanders at major two-way disadvantage. He’s third on the team in points and is one of (if not their best) defensive forward. He’s also arguably their best performer in the shootout.
Times have been rough enough for the Isles as they’re winless in seven of their past eight games. Going without Nielsen for at least a couple weeks once Olympic break is over won’t make matters any easier.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63