Feb 10, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Price has won his last three starts, and that includes a shutout against the Calgary Flames and a 42-save performance against the struggling Vancouver Canucks. In that three-game span last week, Price posted a 1.00 goals-against average. He’s now with the Canadian men’s Olympic hockey team in Sochi. His recent play, combined with the recent struggles of Roberto Luongo, have started quite the debate about which of those two goalies will earn the first start for Canada in the competition.
Lehtonen has helped the Stars jump into the second Wild Card position in the Western Conference standings. He’s posted a record of 2-0-1 in his last three games, allowing only four goals in that span. Both of those wins came against the Phoenix Coyotes, a team that is tied in points with the Stars for the second Wild Card, but currently ninth in the West standings with one less regulation-overtime win than Dallas. This also marks the second time in two weeks that Lehtonen has been named one of the league’s three stars to begin a week. He was the first star when the weekly award was named on Jan. 27. He’ll represent Finland at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
Iginla may have had a slow start to the season in Boston, but he’s picked it up since the beginning of December. His recent numbers include two goals and seven points over the last four games. The Bruins, in that time, have earned three wins and seven of a possible eight points. Iginla has 10 multi-point games this season, as per NHL.com.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 6
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)