Feb 10, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Price has won his last three starts, and that includes a shutout against the Calgary Flames and a 42-save performance against the struggling Vancouver Canucks. In that three-game span last week, Price posted a 1.00 goals-against average. He’s now with the Canadian men’s Olympic hockey team in Sochi. His recent play, combined with the recent struggles of Roberto Luongo, have started quite the debate about which of those two goalies will earn the first start for Canada in the competition.
Lehtonen has helped the Stars jump into the second Wild Card position in the Western Conference standings. He’s posted a record of 2-0-1 in his last three games, allowing only four goals in that span. Both of those wins came against the Phoenix Coyotes, a team that is tied in points with the Stars for the second Wild Card, but currently ninth in the West standings with one less regulation-overtime win than Dallas. This also marks the second time in two weeks that Lehtonen has been named one of the league’s three stars to begin a week. He was the first star when the weekly award was named on Jan. 27. He’ll represent Finland at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
Iginla may have had a slow start to the season in Boston, but he’s picked it up since the beginning of December. His recent numbers include two goals and seven points over the last four games. The Bruins, in that time, have earned three wins and seven of a possible eight points. Iginla has 10 multi-point games this season, as per NHL.com.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)