Feb 10, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
SOCHI, Russia — Team Canada goalie Roberto Luongo is hoping his trip to Sochi is more successful than his Vancouver Canucks went into the Olympic break.
If it’s not, his trip to Sochi has been an absolute disaster.
“It’s been a rough couple of weeks, myself included,” said Luongo. “Obviously, I want to be better and help the guys get some wins and some points. It’s good the change of scenery for two weeks, and have a different approach, and maybe get back in a couple of weeks and feel better about ourselves.”
The Canucks entered the break on a seven-game losing streak. Five of those losses were Luongo starts, in which he allowed 17 goals on 142 shots, for an unenviable save percentage of .880.
Luongo spent much of today’s practice at the Bolshoy Ice Dome trying to get his bearings on the bigger international ice.
“It is an adjustment,” he said. “I felt it today right away with the angles and all that kind of stuff so it’s good that we have three or four days of practice before we have to play any games.”
Related: Let the Luongo-or-Price debate begin
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)