Feb 9, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Mark Scheifele is having an impressive first full season in the league and his teammates have taken notice.
Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press shares the glowing words about the franchise’s 2011 first-round pick.
“Nothing really surprises me with him,” said Bryan Little of Scheifele. “I knew he was a great player, I’d seen him when he was younger. He struggled the first 10 to 15 games but it’s like the light switched after that and he was a different player because he had that confidence. You see that. He plays every night with that confidence. He’s going to be a great player in this league.”
When he was younger? As it is Scheifele is just 20 years old and in his first full season with the Jets. In 60 games he has 13 goals and 34 points. Seven of his goals have come in the past 16 games.
The Jets have been patient with Scheifele letting him develop with the Barrie Colts in the OHL and participating with Team Canada at the past two World Junior Championships. That patience is now be paying off.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39