Feb 9, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Washington Capitals 2010 first-round pick Evgeni Kuznetsov still hasn’t come to North America to play, but that’s not stopping Caps owner Ted Leonsis from hanging on to the dream.
In his blog discussing the Caps sending down two players during the Olympic break, Leonsis mentions how the schedule following the Sochi games will be tough and the team’s quest for the playoffs will be difficult. He also hopes there will be help on the way.
“We need to heal and regain many players who have been injured back into our lineup. That will be most helpful to us as a franchise. And perhaps we will add a young player who was a high draft pick into the lineup at some time too after the break. Time will tell.”
Kuznetsov’s Caps future has been a hot topic for sometime, and the possibility of him joining the team late this season came up over the summer. It was just back on Jan. 21, however, it was reported Kuznetsov wouldn’t go to Washington until next season.
At this point, Kuznetsov’s arrival is a “we’ll believe it when we see it” kind of thing.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)