Feb 9, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Washington Capitals 2010 first-round pick Evgeni Kuznetsov still hasn’t come to North America to play, but that’s not stopping Caps owner Ted Leonsis from hanging on to the dream.
In his blog discussing the Caps sending down two players during the Olympic break, Leonsis mentions how the schedule following the Sochi games will be tough and the team’s quest for the playoffs will be difficult. He also hopes there will be help on the way.
“We need to heal and regain many players who have been injured back into our lineup. That will be most helpful to us as a franchise. And perhaps we will add a young player who was a high draft pick into the lineup at some time too after the break. Time will tell.”
Kuznetsov’s Caps future has been a hot topic for sometime, and the possibility of him joining the team late this season came up over the summer. It was just back on Jan. 21, however, it was reported Kuznetsov wouldn’t go to Washington until next season.
At this point, Kuznetsov’s arrival is a “we’ll believe it when we see it” kind of thing.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)