Feb 9, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Washington Capitals 2010 first-round pick Evgeni Kuznetsov still hasn’t come to North America to play, but that’s not stopping Caps owner Ted Leonsis from hanging on to the dream.
In his blog discussing the Caps sending down two players during the Olympic break, Leonsis mentions how the schedule following the Sochi games will be tough and the team’s quest for the playoffs will be difficult. He also hopes there will be help on the way.
“We need to heal and regain many players who have been injured back into our lineup. That will be most helpful to us as a franchise. And perhaps we will add a young player who was a high draft pick into the lineup at some time too after the break. Time will tell.”
Kuznetsov’s Caps future has been a hot topic for sometime, and the possibility of him joining the team late this season came up over the summer. It was just back on Jan. 21, however, it was reported Kuznetsov wouldn’t go to Washington until next season.
At this point, Kuznetsov’s arrival is a “we’ll believe it when we see it” kind of thing.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)