Feb 9, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider reports Fraser will be headed to AHL Manchester later next week. Of course, later next week brings us closer to when the Olympics are over with and the NHL schedule is about to begin again.
In 33 games this season, Fraser has two assists and 30 penalty minutes. He’s been a favorite of Kings coach Darryl Sutter and a usual fourth line player. If nothing else, sending Fraser to the AHL will give L.A. a little more cap flexibility. Fraser’s cap hit is $825,000.
Update (5:11 p.m. ET): The Kings make it official and aren’t waiting til the end of next week — they’ve sent Fraser to Manchester.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54