Feb 9, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider reports Fraser will be headed to AHL Manchester later next week. Of course, later next week brings us closer to when the Olympics are over with and the NHL schedule is about to begin again.
In 33 games this season, Fraser has two assists and 30 penalty minutes. He’s been a favorite of Kings coach Darryl Sutter and a usual fourth line player. If nothing else, sending Fraser to the AHL will give L.A. a little more cap flexibility. Fraser’s cap hit is $825,000.
Update (5:11 p.m. ET): The Kings make it official and aren’t waiting til the end of next week — they’ve sent Fraser to Manchester.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)