Feb 9, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider reports Fraser will be headed to AHL Manchester later next week. Of course, later next week brings us closer to when the Olympics are over with and the NHL schedule is about to begin again.
In 33 games this season, Fraser has two assists and 30 penalty minutes. He’s been a favorite of Kings coach Darryl Sutter and a usual fourth line player. If nothing else, sending Fraser to the AHL will give L.A. a little more cap flexibility. Fraser’s cap hit is $825,000.
Update (5:11 p.m. ET): The Kings make it official and aren’t waiting til the end of next week — they’ve sent Fraser to Manchester.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)