Feb 9, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider reports Fraser will be headed to AHL Manchester later next week. Of course, later next week brings us closer to when the Olympics are over with and the NHL schedule is about to begin again.
In 33 games this season, Fraser has two assists and 30 penalty minutes. He’s been a favorite of Kings coach Darryl Sutter and a usual fourth line player. If nothing else, sending Fraser to the AHL will give L.A. a little more cap flexibility. Fraser’s cap hit is $825,000.
Update (5:11 p.m. ET): The Kings make it official and aren’t waiting til the end of next week — they’ve sent Fraser to Manchester.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8