Feb 9, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider reports Fraser will be headed to AHL Manchester later next week. Of course, later next week brings us closer to when the Olympics are over with and the NHL schedule is about to begin again.
In 33 games this season, Fraser has two assists and 30 penalty minutes. He’s been a favorite of Kings coach Darryl Sutter and a usual fourth line player. If nothing else, sending Fraser to the AHL will give L.A. a little more cap flexibility. Fraser’s cap hit is $825,000.
Update (5:11 p.m. ET): The Kings make it official and aren’t waiting til the end of next week — they’ve sent Fraser to Manchester.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)