Feb 8, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
We’ve seen quite a few NHL players get ruled out for the 2014 Winter Olympics in recent days over injuries, but fortunately for the Swiss team, Vancouver Canucks defenseman Yannick Weber won’t join that list, according to the Vancouver Province’s Ben Kuzma.
Although he’s missed the Canucks’ last three games due to an upper-body injury, Weber has been granted medical clearance to represent Switzerland. That has to come as a big relief to the country as they only have four NHL blueliners on their roster to begin with.
Weber, 25, has been playing a support role in Vancouver this season, averaging just 11:32 minutes per contest over 32 games. He has two goals and five points this season.
Vancouver will wrap up its pre-Olympics roster with a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs at 6:00 p.m. ET. After that, Switzerland will face the Czech Republic, Sweden, and Latvia in Group C.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 1
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 5
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)